Five Year Maths Progression Pathway Basic Package
The pathway has been produced to help secondary schools plan the progression of their students in mathematics from Year 7 through to Year 11. The curriculum is broken down into easy-to-understand descriptors, graded from 1 to 9. Each descriptor links to a more detailed page in which it is broken down into simpler steps, with exemplar questions/problems of the type students might be expected to solve.
- Teacher tracking and target setting tool
- Assessment objectives tracked for progression using the new GCSE 1 – 9 scale
- Can be applied to any school assessment system to specify progress in maths across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Supports schools in planning and assessing progression
- Created using the KS3 and KS4 national curriculum
- Uses DfE guidelines
- Aligned to blooms taxonomy; for example, ‘understanding’ or 'applying’
- Useful for KS3 and/or KS4 or as a set of detailed progression stages
The basic package contains overview grids for GCSE Higher and GCSE Foundation.
The gold package contains the overview grids plus an interactive pdf.